During this disruption, we sincerely hope you and your family are in good health. We are happy to inform you that The Ministry of Health has lifted the restrictions that were placed back in March. Our office will be opening in two phases. Starting June 15th, the dentists will be able to see patients for restorative dental treatments. Our Hygienists will return June 29th.
We are currently working through a back-log of 12 weeks, and we wish to thank you for your patience. We will be prioritizing treatment based on urgency. Appointments will be spaced out to allow physical distancing between patients. That might mean less flexibility for scheduling your appointment.
While many things have changed since mid March, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your health and safety. Our office has always followed strict infection control standards and to keep us all protected during this pandemic and in the future, we have updated our protocols. When we see you at your next appointment, things will be a little different.
- We will ask some screening questions before your appointment and you will be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- You may be asked to wait outside our office or in your car and call us when you arrive and then wait for a call back to let you know when you can enter the office.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the clinic. There are more dispensers around the office for you to use as needed.
- Our waiting room will no longer offer magazines or children’s toys since those items are difficult to fully disinfect.
- You may be surprised that we are wearing more protective gear – such as masks, face shields, gowns – than we normally do during your visit.
Rest assured, all these procedures are designed to create the safest environment for you, other patients, and our team.
We look forward to seeing you again. If you have any questions, please let us know.
Your Grandview Family Dental Team